Saturday 18 April 2009

Day 76

17:10

Just got back from a week in the Isle of Skye, celebrating my Dad's 60th Birthday. It's absolutely beautiful there - the weather was fantastic, and the South of the Island - where we stayed - is as close to paradise as you can get in the Highlands.

Since I blogged last, my idea was that this weeks was going to be a bit of a working holiday: time for me to recuperate and start to get my routine and my edge back. But this is never the way it works. Instead, me and my beautiful girlfriend spent a week with virtually no sleep, sandwiched between various yelling family members that the lovely timber cottage we were staying in amplified to the level I would expect if you tried to fall asleep in a washer-dryer filled with pennies on full cycle, and then I spent the last four days with a pretty head-crushing case of the flu. So, as so many of us do, I get back home from holiday with the wish that I could have an actual holiday starting now.

But anyone else would think that was being pretty spoiled whining about this: it was still a week in Skye. It was pretty magical, as the Scottish Islands always are. And, on the first day that I'm starting to feel better, I do feel a sense that I'm ready to get back to work after a long time of really not having the impetus or the desire. So, tomorrow, I'm going to try to start with the four hours again. And we'll see what happens.

But now I'm going to go and brave Argyll Street for some painkillers. After a week of contemplation in an untouched wilderness, Glasgow looks a lot more like Sodom and Gomorrah than it normally does.

00:01

Feel unusually inspired tonight. Have potentially made a big decision with my beautiful girlfriend about the future, which could be very exciting and lead to a lot more writing, too! If I feel this inspired for very long, I might actually finish this TV pilot outline within a reasonable frame of time.

I've made a new 'resolution', too - which is to put a lot more information about the projects here on the blog. Because I think this might be a lot more interesting than just me bitching on about how bad everything is going.

Anyway, it's midnight, and I feel like I could stay up for longer, but considering I was more or less delirious this time yesterday, it's probably a good time to go to bed.

word count: 743
hours writing: 1.75

No comments: