Wednesday 8 April 2009

Day 75

Hey! Guess who it is?

I had a pretty tough month. Apart from working in Chester, spending a week down in Oxford attending my Grandfather's funeral and doing one of the eulogies, I've also been without internet for at least half of the last two to three weeks, making this blog more or less impossible to do.

Sometimes life comes along and fucks your plans. Sometimes life comes along and does a lot more than fuck with your plans. All part of the glorious circle of life.

I haven't done much writing since my last post: a few thousand words here and there, but not much real, not much solid.

So I could tot up the few words and minutes that I've done and put them down in a big spreadsheet and beat the shit out of myself for not achieving anything between March and April, how it's impossible to fulfill my plan on the timeline, and all that self-hating rubbish.

But here's the thing. I'm going to write 12 screenplays. I'm going to work for 4 hours and 2000 words a day for twelve months. If I miss a day, if I can't do it, if life gets in the way, if I just don't damned well feel like it, then I'm not numbering that day. If it takes me more than twelve months to write these screenplays, then fuck it. I'll work this way until they're done. I'm not giving up just because life makes it difficult to achieve.

I've got a lot of stuff started that I haven't finished. I've got my Crusader script. I've got my play project. I've got a TV pilot I've been working on with my very good friend Will Herbert. I've got a new short I'd like to write. And I don't want it to take eight damned years to get around to finishing them.

So here goes.

02:00

Working on the plan for the TV script. It's coming together alright, if a bit slow. Going to bed now and will try to get some more done tomorrow.

word count: about 500
hours writing: about 2

No comments: