Monday 2 March 2009

Day 61

10:30

That's right! I've been up for an hour and a half already. Kicking ass and taking names. Or... staring dopily at my computer. Pretty much the same thing.

Going to sit down and plan out this whole project, right now.

Will not rest until my four hours are done. Will not rest until my 2,000 words are written.

Onwards and upwards!

01:30

Wrote for four hours today, which is good - only wrote half my words, though. I'm trying very hard to plan everything out in advance, rather than force myself too far onwards too quickly.

As I read in my grandfather's autobiography: thinking is also research. This is difficult to reconcile with any tangible sense of success. But I'll keep on working on shaping the first couple of scenes tomorrow, and then see what happens.

But now, I'm going to bed, hopefully to get up at a sensible time tomorrow.

word count: 1,050
hours writing:4

No comments: