Wednesday 4 March 2009

Day 64

13:15

Got up today a little later - about 11am. Went off to the gymn, and nearly killed myself by cycling gently for twenty minutes.

Came home to discover the fantastic news that my beautiful girlfriend is getting published! The first ever story she's sent off is to be published in the annual Association of Scottish Literary Studies volume, New Scottish Writing.

Booyaaaah!

02:30

Inspired by my girlfriend's achievements, I decided to polish over the screenplay I finished in January and send it off to the London Independent Film Festival Screenwriting Competition, whose deadline is Friday.

So I worked pretty hard - have managed to trim it down from 133 to 125 pages, and shore up a couple of the scenes - though I've still got another fifty pages to finish off.

The only problem with having done these revisions is that, word-count-wise, in five hours I've only written twenty words.

But if I can get my screenplay up to scratch by tomorrow, that'll be worth the word-count hit.

Going to bed now - have to get up at a reasonable time tomorrow.

word count: 20
hours writing: 5.25

No comments: