Monday 12 January 2009

Day 12

06:00

This is a different experience. Getting up in the morning. A four hour trip awaits...

10:30

Get to my destination at Leeds. Will have a full day's work here before I'll get to start writing. I really have to catch up from yesterday, too - which means at least a couple of extra hours writing this evening.

15:30

Get half an hour's writing in during a break- though late afternoon sleepiness seems to be more difficult to power through than late night.

22:00

Back to the hotel. Start writing again. A long day today, my first real challenge writing. I’m tired: it would be so easy to give myself the night off. But I just don’t trust myself enough – I’m so close to the end of my first draft now – maybe only a couple of night’s work. I don't want to spend a day not trying my hardest.

22:45

Too tired to work any more. I’m disappointed in myself, but I have to go to bed, sleep. I’ve spent over an hour, and written virtually nothing – just staring sleepily at a page. Hopefully, tomorrow will be more productive.

Word count: 274
Hours writing: 1.5

No comments: