Wednesday 21 January 2009

Day 21

22:00

Long day, unfortunately with no writing done.

Spent most of the day editing together a new showreel of the work of me and some friends, to try to drum up a little work.

It's very frustrating getting to this time of the night and having still not achieved anything. I'm almost certainly not going to get my four hours in, damn it.

Enough of the whinging. On to work.

01:00

That was not fun. Spent this time working on the 'novelisation', more because I think it's the only way that I'm going to make my word count than it's something I really want to do.

However, having said that, it really is an excellent tool to revisit characters and really examine their reasons for doing what they do. I've managed to add a couple of really important lines of dialogue, and I know that I simply wouldn't have thought of them, reading through the script with a pencil. So this examination, though long and a little tedious (and, I'm pretty sure, not creating a manuscript that will have any hope of being published) has nevertheless raised a couple of really interesting questions about my characters and story in a very different way, and has already added way more to the start of the second draft than muddling through it with a pencil would.

Still, hopefully I can start a little earlier tomorrow, and thus work more on my crusader story. It really hasn't made much progress yet, and I'm itching to get on to it.

We'll see what happens.

word count: 2,165
hours writing: 3

No comments: