Tuesday 27 January 2009

Day 27

01:30

Spent the day not writing, part by choice and part by circumstance.

Got up at 9.00 to go to Ikea. We are lacking a few basic necessities in our flat (like lamps and enough shelf-space for all the shit we have). Got back about mid-day, grabbed something to eat, then had a meeting this afternoon about some possible teaching gigs.

Then I came back, read for about five minutes, then played a computer game for four hours. Then made some dinner, watched a little Colbert Report, and went to see another film with my girlfriend - Role Models - patchy at the start but then very funny. Then we came back - about an hour and a half ago - and realised we've got a landlord's 'electrics' inspection in the morning, so have spent the time since trying to make the place look presentable.

In short, I've been a lazy frickin' asshole today. But it's made me feel quite good - I'm going to work now, probably only for a little bit, and it's going to be on my crusaders script, and it's going to be because I really want to do it.

I've made this quest to make my daily word count become something that gets in the way of me trying to tell a story, and that's not good.

03:00

A very profitable hour spent working on a new beginning to my crusader script. I'm really glad I had a break today. It made a big difference to what I was able to think of - a completely fresh idea, and a feeling that this is actually fun, and not just slog.

Going to go to bed now because I'm apeshit tired.

word count: 802
hours writing: 1

No comments: