Saturday 24 January 2009

Day 24

13:45

Got up at midday today. That's more like it.

Feeling a little more positive. Really want to work on my crusader script today, rather than just elaborating on the screenplay I've already written into prose.

It worries me slightly, because there's so much that I don't know about these people. I close my eyes and try to imagine the story, and the image I see is only half-exposed. But I'll start writing, and do my best.

Mind you, I really feel like playing computer games today.

15:15

Done an hour of plot points. Still at the very start. Feel good. I think I'll stop for a bit and play computer games. No, God damn it! Keep going, you fucking loser!


Maybe I'll play computer games for a bit, then write. What could go wrong?


00:00

Only 3 hours writing done, a lot more staring into space.

I'm proud to have written a thousand words of plot-points for my crusader script, which is the first time I've managed to break that barrier with something totally original since I finished my script a week ago. But it's slow going, and difficult to work out where to go - the possibilities of each scene and character are still untapped.

Hungry. Haven't had dinner yet.

01:00

Stopped for an hour, had some burritos and watched a bit of the movie Wanted. It's pretty good. Now I've got to make my word count.

02:30

Resorted to working a little more on the 'novelisation'. Man, it's a piece of shit. But it keeps me writing every day, when I could easily start slacking, and when I'm too early to force out a whole plot for my crusade story.

Still, it's very late now, I think I'm going to go straight to bed.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: must try harder.

word count: 2,218
hours writing: 4

No comments: