Monday 2 February 2009

Day 33

14:15

Got up at midday but had some things to do, which means I'm starting a little later than yesterday.

Also, it's the heaviest snowfall for 18 years across Britain... except in Scotland.

I've been living here more than three years now, and you know how many times I've seen snow? Once. For one day.

I think this might be one of the reasons Scottish kids look so depressed. If you're going to live in a permanently wet and dark island surrounded by alcoholics, the least you could get in return would be a day off school to throw snowballs around once every couple of years.

But that's not going to happen, children of Scotland. London gets snow, but not fucking Glasgow.

I'm going to give myself till eight to do my four hours today. Let's see how it goes.

18:45

The day hasn't exactly gone as planned so far, but it has been pretty cool. It started snowing for about an hour - we live in the centre of town, so it didn't even settle around us, but my beautiful girlfriend and I thought we should go for a walk and see what was going on nearby. In George's Square, where there are little sections of turf, the snow had settled and we made a fantastic snow-girl with a couple of other people, and then had a snowball fight with literally the only settled snow in Glasgow. It's like freaking gold dust: you could sell it.

Then, not wanting to go home, we went to one of my favourite places in Glasgow, a bar/restaurant called Stereo, and had, I kid you not, one of the tastiest meals I've ever eaten. On Mondays, they do 5 tapas dishes for a tenner - the best deal anywhere in Britain. If you're reading this blog (doubtful), live in Glasgow (extremely doubtful), and are a vegetarian or vegan (statistically mind-blowing), you have to check it out. Actually, if you live in Glasgow, don't be an asshole about vegetarian food and go there anyway.

I've only done an hour's worth of work. I'm feeling a bit frisky today, but will try to get back to it now.

01:45

Finally done for the day. It's been really tough, but I've come through a rough patch and actually just really enjoyed myself, for the first time, plotting out a scene for this script. If you've got a bunch of Crusaders and Turks shooting arrows at one another, it always seems to make what you're trying to write more interesting.

Wow. Finally feel good about this. Maybe it isn't such a collosal miscalculation after all.

Hell of a long way still to go: printed out my 'plot outline' so far, and there's a lot of really weak shit in there. Still, this is the time to fix it.

Going to bed now. Will write a better blog post tomorrow.

word count: 2,215
hours writing: 5

No comments: