Tuesday 3 February 2009

Day 34

11:45

Yes, that's right, folks. I'm up before midday.

Going to shave an hour off my expectancy time today.

18:00

You're not going to believe this, but by lunch time today, (albeit, lunch for me is some time between 3 and 5) I had already made my word count. That's a first. This thing is really turning itself around.

So I had a break to walk down to the big supermarket and get the week's food. This set me back a couple of hours, but hey - I've made my word count!

There's a lot of problems with the story as a whole, however, so I'm going to work on that over my remaining time.

20:00

Check this out! I've finished for the day!

I've finally started to make some progress with this story, which feels really great inside, even if it doesn't read fantastically on the page yet.

I think what I'm going to go is flesh out the whole of the story, print it out, and then, instead of painfully trying to alter it fraction by fraction - or worse still, start writing a screenplay from this horrific plan - I'm going to start a new document, a second plan, and this time write it entirely chronologically, using what I've written so far as a guide but really shaping the story and characters in a way that's been impossible so far. And while I do that, I'll feed it into my excel spreadsheet, try to keep track of the characters and things, the way I did with the last script.

As a reward for work well done, I think I'm going to have a bath, and maybe watch an episode of Dexter.

21:15

I got in the bath, and cued up Dexter, and it was one I had already seen. So I'm going to play computer games in retaliation. For at least an hour. Then maybe write a little more.

word count: 3,377
hours writing: 4

No comments: