Wednesday 11 February 2009

Day 42

15:00

Okay. Today I'm going to finish this motherfucking plot off. And I'm going to start my screenplay. I just decided. And I'm the sheriff of screenplay town.

02:00

Got my four hours in, written my two thousand words, finally finished this reworking off.

My total 'plans' (plot runthrough and secondary character runthrough) for this screenplay total forty A4 pages, single spaced: nearly 24,000 words. There's a further 19 A4 pages of handwritten notes. There's so much shit here, I don't know how it's ballooned into so much. Is it a form of active procrastination? I certainly feel like I need it all, but even with all this stuff, I don't have anything like a firm idea of the way forward.

So, I feel very apprehensive about tomorrow. I've become lazy, hazy and unfocussed over the last few weeks - since I got back home, really. This has to change while I'm writing.

I found an interesting note I wrote in one of the pages of a notebook I found today. I think I'll put it up near me tomorrow. It reads:

ASK YOURSELF IN EACH SCENE:
"WHAT IS THE MOST INTERESTING OUTCOME?
WHY AM I AVOIDING IT?"

I think that will do me for tonight.

Maybe if I go to bed early (2:30am), I'll be able to get up bright and ear... well, before midday.

word count: 2,047
hours writing: 4

No comments: