Thursday 26 February 2009

Day 57

03:00

Got up at 9am, after about four hours sleep. Am fucked now.

Spent day doing lots of short film stuff, and a couple of hours writing and taking notes. Pathetic word count, nonetheless.

Also - to my absolute delight, my kick-ass new HD monitor arrived today. This means I finally have something to plug my new Playstation into (I got it on a deal with a new phone contract, I'm not sure how, but have been staring at it wistfully for months without having the moolah to connect it to anything...)

I put the untouched blu-ray of 'Bladerunner' that my beautiful girlfriend gave me for Christmas, and was absolutely amazed. For the first time in the history of the movies, it is possible to see film in better quality at home than at the cinema. I only watched a few minutes of Bladerunner - because I have shit to do - but I was astounded how little things that Ridley Scott obviously intended us to experience, from tiny moments of camera movement, to the brief shadow of red in the back of the replicant Leon's eye, that I never knew were there. I think this is going to be the most phenomenal tool to study movies. It finally allows the nuance of the cinematic experience into our homes.

But I'm fucking exhausted now, so I'm going to go to bed.

word count: 479
hours writing: 2

No comments: