Friday 27 February 2009

Day 58

05:00

Not going to blog long now - really have to go to bed.

Worked on the short film again today - am rendering out a test to watch on the new HD monitor tomorrow. Exciting stuff!

Read lots of stuff to research my next project, but wrote a pitiful amount. I'm resigned to writing less until the short is done. But that's okay - so long as the film turns out to be worth it.

I'm not going to finish my screenplay this month, but I think I've put enough groundwork in to be able to finish them both off next month, and so keep to my quota.

Also watched 'The Shining' today - my first entire film seen in Blu-Ray. It's one of the most intense cinematic experiences I've ever had. Amazing: so many things I've never seen before. Blu ray is like being able to see through the eyes of the director for the first time. I suppose this was what it felt like when Jacobeans were finally treated to the folios of Jonson and Shakespeare after years of shoddy quarto knock-offs. Seeing a complete version of something - not to discount the many flaws that it might have, or the fact that there are other versions - but to see something complete and beautiful, for the first time. Just phenomenal.

But now I'm going to bed.

word count: 74
hours writing: 1

No comments: