Friday 20 February 2009

Day 51

11:00

Up at 10:30 today. Wow, it's a weird time to get up.

One of the things I've learnt this week is the disorientating nature of generally waking up mid-afternoon, in that you exist between days and dates in a way that's difficult to reconcile with calendars. If you get up at 3pm and go to bed at 7am, you've spent as much time on the next day as you have on the one you got up on. When you decide to do things becomes much more conceptual - I generally decide if I get up on Thursday, then it's Thursday till I go to bed, even if we're already a third of the way through Friday.

16:15
Right. Sitting down and about to get started. Found an interesting thing to try for next month (actually, my beautiful girlfriend found it), maybe write a stage play instead of a screenplay.

For some reason it seems, in my head, like a play might be easier to write than a screenplay. I don't know why: maybe because I'm having such trouble writing this bastard screenplay at the moment that anything else in my egotistical little head seems like it would be child's play in comparison. Or maybe because the few contemporary stage plays I've seen have sucked considerably more donkey balls than the films I've seen.

Anyway. On to the boring stuff.

05:00

Just couldn't write today. Couldn't bring myself to do in. In a complete rut. Spend the last four hours doing the short film - one damned shot. We'll see how it works out.

Going to bed now.

word count: 507
hours writing: 0.5

No comments: